Thread: ioFTPD SiteKill
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2003, 04:46 AM  
FTPServerTools

Quote:
SiteKill.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point Proccess32Next could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32.dll
This error is correct I think. Process32Next doesnt exist in Kernel32.dll. I would have to recompile SiteKill seperately for Win NT4. But since win NT4 is no longer supported by microsoft and since everyone seems to be running win2K/9X/XP/2k3 I didnt bother. NT4 is SLOW so to be honest I advise to update your OS.
The routine is used to find ioFTPD in the task list and extract its current path. As you may have noticed, sitekill actually find the users and groups directories all by itself, no ini file is needed. Aint that cute?
When I investigated the dll's from NT4 I couldnt find a Process32Next contrary to the microsoft claims:

Requirements
Windows NT/2000/XP: Included in Windows 2000 and later.
Windows 95/98/Me: Included in Windows 95 and later.
Header: Declared in Tlhelp32.h.
Library: Use Kernel32.lib.

Thus I conclude that this isnt possible. I dont have a usefull NT4 so recompiling it is not really an option. Anyway thatnks for showing it, now I can say it is not supported by NT4 since NT4 doesnt support this call, as Win9X,Win2K,WinME,Win2k3,WinXP and even WinCE do.
FTPServerTools is offline   Reply With Quote