View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 07:48 AM  
darkone
Disabled

Default Re: Some suggestions...

Quote:
Originally posted by ZilverZtream
Just got some suggestions and I'm pretty sure these suggestions most likely already been suggested, but what the heck, wanted to show there's a demand for it.

º Remote usersDB.
Would be great to be able to point a database to let's say \\remoteIP\users\file\ or something like that. (could work either directly over the Internet or to create a remote network between the servers)
Actually you should be able to share userbase already (however, adduser, renuser & deluser do not show up in real time.. those will be fixed at some later point)

Quote:

º Remote File Structure
When running multiple servers it would be good if there would be a file on a primary server that held the folder structure in a file and on each new upload, deletion on any server the file would be updated and all the servers would either be notified or somehow read from the folder structure file.
Such thing can be scripted (TCL & mySql should be suitable combo for this)

Quote:

º Account Executable
Ok, I'm pretty new with ioFTPd so this might work some other way.
The thing I'd like is an executable that can create account from the command line like ioAccount <group> <username> <password> <ip> and who knows, have the ability to support scripts like trial. This would could help out alot when creating your own addons and such.
At the moment, it's not possible to create account with external programs since user & group databases are not synchronized (They are cached on start-up)
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote