View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 04:43 AM  
ZilverZtream

Default Some suggestions...

Just got some suggestions and I'm pretty sure these suggestions most likely already been suggested, but what the heck, wanted to show there's a demand for it.

º Remote usersDB.
Would be great to be able to point a database to let's say \\remoteIP\users\file\ or something like that. (could work either directly over the Internet or to create a remote network between the servers)

º Remote File Structure
When running multiple servers it would be good if there would be a file on a primary server that held the folder structure in a file and on each new upload, deletion on any server the file would be updated and all the servers would either be notified or somehow read from the folder structure file.

º Account Executable
Ok, I'm pretty new with ioFTPd so this might work some other way.
The thing I'd like is an executable that can create account from the command line like ioAccount <group> <username> <password> <ip> and who knows, have the ability to support scripts like trial. This would could help out alot when creating your own addons and such.

Well, these are my suggestions for now.. I got a few other things I'm pondering about.
We're getting around the account issue by using our own script in windrop to have the bot add accounts on all our servers. (currently running 3 server all 10Mbit and 300Gb each) and when we give the bot a command it adds the user to all 3 servers.

ZilverZtr #0days @ EFNET
ZilverZtream is offline   Reply With Quote