View Single Post
Old 03-14-2003, 07:34 AM  
Zer0Racer

Thumbs up BIG release sizes *fix*

To make a short story long long

I began uploading a very big release yesterday, 94x50MB, but my dZSbot announced expected release size as 386.3MB. Not dZSbot's fault though cause zipscript-c logged it as that amount.

I thought it was fixed in 0.0.5.6 but I think someone in #cala-zs said that this was broken, even if it had worked in one the previous releases. I asked Caladan and Dark0n3 and WarC about how to fix this. Tried all that they said and tested to upload sfv + first file, announce was till 386.3MB. Dammit!

Finally WarC told me it should only be some changes in objects.h so I checked and found something that could just be the problem.
Code:
struct current_file {
 char *name;
 long long speed;
 unsigned long size;
 char compression_method;

};
The thing that did the trick for me was to change the unsigned long size; to:
Code:
 unsigned long long size;
Now the announce was 4482.3MB

I've spoken to Caladan about this, and his version already had this changed so this is kind of already fixed. You ppl out there still experiencing this problem and want to fix it easily just add that extra "long" as shown above, recompile and you're done.

!!! Remember I'm not a programmer at all. So it's funny that I managed to find this without any programming skills. Well.. the tips from cala, d1 and warc sure helped. They revealed the root of the problem, something should be unsigned long long

Can't wait for next version of zipscript-c.. and dZSbot and ioFTPD of course. Want those symlinks and more =)

/Zer0Racer
Zer0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote