View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 07:58 PM  
mhdrw_00

just did a test with a friend who has a server --

I also connected to 2 other servers and sent the same 100mb file to all 3

2 of them were getting the file at 20-22kbs and the third was at 10kbs

Within minutes - the first connection locked up & my friend said it just showed on his server that I was idle - but my device manager said flashfxp was "Not Responding"

When I tried to click on the flashfxp window (that was locked) - it would not open - it has in the past - only to reveal a solid white page from top to bottom

The other 2 continued to run the 2nd that was running at 20kbs jumped to 30-35kbs and the 3rd stayed at 10kbs but both continued to run

But earlier today I tried on my own and had first 1 freeze up and then a 2nd froze up too - making bith show up in device manager as "not responding"

As I write this the 1st is still frozen - after almost 15 minutes - but the other 2 are still going

I know that most servers have a timed disconnection but when frozen - this does not seem to time them out

I can't provide any kind of logs from either the server or flashfxp (if I knew where they were) - the flashfxp winndow either comes back on or it stays locked and has to be closed down from device manager - leaving no trace of what was going on -
except the file that was being uploaded - its still there - so it was working but not for long

Hope some of this helps