View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 06:23 PM  
mhdrw_00

There is nothing to give an error report on - nothing comes up in the logs or even on the servers themselves -
most times it just freezes and does nothing - other times it comes right back on as if nothing was wrong
If there is some other type of log available thru FlashFXP - let me know and I will copy/paste it here

FlashFXP v[3 ].[0.2 ], build [1045 ], [X ]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ X] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [ X] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ X] Yes, Name [Sygate Pro ], Ver. [ 5.5build2637], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [ X] Yes, Name [Norton ] or [ X] No-after 2nd format - none installed yet
* Network [ ] xDSL, [ X] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

For some reason I believe this to be a XP SP2 problem

I bought and used TurboFTP for the longest time - got used to its problems because I had tried all the other as demos (except yours) and they really were crap

My comp has been acting up so I got a new 1
Was always told about the horror stories about SP2 but also heard if done with a clean new format - no problems

Did the clean install and decided to find out if your product was any good after hearing about it - tried the demo - right from the beginning it would lockup
So I went back to Turboftp
I started having the same thing happen to it - it locked up

After doing some reading - found alot of people who bragged about FlashFXP and even found this support forum

When more than a few people suggested that the retail may work better than the demo - I went ahead and bought your product

Now I have 2 paid for apps and I am getting no where with their support either

I have tried lots of things from turning off my firewall as well as the firewall from SP2 to trying different servers - all the same -
something in my configuration is stopping or limiting my use of this product

If there is any way to get this figured out - I would love it