View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 08:35 PM  
spec1alk

Default file exists - Same does not work on ascii files

* FlashFXP v[3].[02], build [1044], [X]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated (LOL)
* OS [ ] WinXP, [X] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [actiontec], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [X] Yes, Name [uknown], Ver. [uknown], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Symantec 9.x] or [ ] No
* Network [X] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

* FTP server(s) name [Pure-FTPd [TLS]], version [uknown]
* timestamped, and side prefixed FTP log (please paste)
* any other info

I tried searching for an answer, but did not find one.

Ill paste the ftp log in another post to keep it clean.

Problem:
I am using flashfxp to, in essence, perform a backup of my website every morning at 1am. I have an elaborate set of batch files setup perform these backup tasks.

I am launching flashfxp like this:
<path_to_fxp>\flashfxp.exe -tray -c4 -go -logfile=%ftplog% %ftpqfile%

%ftplog% = path my my fxp log file
%ftpqfile% = path to a fxp queue file I have created that backs up the public_html directory and a util directory on my site.

The problem is this, binary files like images, zips, swf work fine. If they are not updated, they are not downloaded/overwrite local copy. However, html, css, txt, php, shtml, etc are downloaded even if they have not changed.

I have set my file exists rules to be like this:
Same = skip
larger/smaller = overwrite

For some reason the server seems to be reporting the files sizes wrong. I do not know if this is linked with the ascii filter but it appears so far that the files affected by this false filesize problem are all in the ascii filter list.

What I want is the File Exists rules to work correctly. I want files that are the same to be skipped and files that are of different sizes to be overwritten with the file from the ftp site.