View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 04:58 PM  
Emperor Beld

Question Inability to LIST and Error 10022

* FlashFXP v[2].[1], build [924], [ ]registered, [X (Currently)]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] WinXP, [X] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [Linksys BEFSR 41 ver. 2], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [X] No
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition] or [ ] No
* Network [X] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dial-Up, [ ] Other

Before installing the new version 2.1.924, I had been using version 1.4.3 with no difficulties whatsoever concerning LIST nor normal function. However, upon uninstalling 1.4 and installing 2.1, I am now unable to list without a soft abort (Which means I can only access one directory deep due to a hard abort not responding) and upon disconnection, I recieve an Invalid Argument error 10022 (Which I am lead to believe is an illegal WinSOCK call). Now, upon reinstalling 1.4, which used to work flawlessly, I am confronted with the same exact errors.

I am convinced that this issue may be as a result of an upgraded version of WinSock installed with 2.1.924, or some remnant of that version that is hindering any FTP performance by my older version of FlashFXP.

I have tried LISTing using the -al suffix with no avail. Passive mode is enabled for both my end and the server end of the connection. I have tried LISTing on a server on my home network, and it still fails without a soft abort. Not using passive mode is really not an option, as I use a dynamic IP and do not wish to constantly set it. Moreover, the FTPs I am connecting to are behind firewalls and require a passive mode connection.

Would an upgrade to my WinSock protocols help the issue at all? If so, where could I find such an upgrade?

I have attached a picture of the end of an FTP log showing the failed LIST attempt and a disconnect that resulted in the 10022 error.

I hope I have provided enough information for you to provide assistance. I thank you very much for any help offered.

-Beld
Attached Images
File Type: gif log.gif (7.4 KB, 285 views)