View Single Post
Old 07-25-2003, 06:46 PM  
dewd

dear ffxp coders

Quote:
... . this connection can not be below port 1024.
just let me inform you that this is not true! maybe there are specs which say only use ports over 1024 but when you edit your flashfxp.ini file and set loport= and hiport= UNDER 1024 (port 100 - 110 or so) you CAN use activ connections with ports under 1024. just try it, it will work!

the reason why i post here is following: i use ffxp as shareware, iam not registered and iam lookin for a good ftp client and think ffxp is the best! but there are some things they scare me..

i am behind a firewall and there are only 3 ports open and forwarded to my box. these ports are 25, 80 and 110! i cant edit the port forward table because iam not the admin and have no rights to do this. next problem is: i cant use passiv connections - its blocked

the only way to use ftps is connect with aktiv mode. i bind the external ip with a dynamic dns. when i set loport=25 and hiport=25 i only can use one ftp at the same time because port 25 is in use from the first instance of ffxp. when i set loport=25 and hiport=110 its the same problem because the first instance of ffxp is using port 25 again and when i start a second instance of ffxp it will allways try to use port 26 or any other port for active connections BUT the ports between 25 / 80 and 80 / 110 are blocked for me!

would you please make it possible that ffxp will allow users to specifiy a seperate table of ports and free them from this simple porte RANGE option ? maybe as a .ini option only for advanced users. next bad thing is when i change anything in the options loport= and hiport= will set back to 1024 if it was under 1024. thats not good too - can you solve this "problem" too ?

i found some good example in this thread ( http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread.php?threadid=2759 ) how to solve this probleme. its - of course - an other good reason to implement this feature and its written in better english! mine is not the best, sorry for possible translation faults

regards

dewd