View Single Post
Old 12-12-2002, 07:14 AM  
aCe2k

I'm all into that.
Really sounds like the ftp server software is screwed. There are only 4 server apps i know of that dont have any problems with anything atm.:

- glftpd (*nix)
- ioftpd (win32)
- Raidenftpd (win32)
- Bulletproff ftpd (G6) (win32)

Moving on to the issue with the router(s).
If the router doesn't have NAT setup options like Open Ports and Port redirection.. Sell the bugger on ebay or something... as it's almost worthless.

Delerium69:
As bigstar pointed out, there's only one Transfer Complete in that log you pasted... So i'd say that one of the servers don't support Noop commands when transfering. Have the server admins check their logs to locate and strange errors or cautions.

grandad:
Thanging client software ain't gonna do you no good. Same here, the problem is not you, but server software again at that other friends site.

Word of advise to all:
Server software sould be bougt instead of cracking some 30 trial app. Cracking is allways manipulating the application code, and will allways give you problems. With this i'll even hint you that both glftpd and ioftpd are atm. FREE for ALL (Open Source) but still in beta stage, but at least they work well.

Tip of the day:
For windows users and *nix users...
C:\> netstat
and
[root@host /] netstat

will give you established, open, closed, listening ports on the box. Use it to figure out/learn what's going on...
win32 users can add the /? to get more info and *nix users can use -h or --help flags for more info.

Eksample: netstat -na
returns local-ip;port external-ip;port/host condition(listening,open,closed...)