View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 03:33 PM  
mescal1n

Quote:
Configuring ioNINJA / DZBOT is more or less strait forward. Interstingly it had some problem finding paths of c:\ioftpd\logs\ files. For some reason the variable holding it was ending up like this "eggdrop\c:\ioftpd\logs\ioftpd.log". I suppose this has something to do with the fact that I updated the eggdrop version to 1.8.3. I fixed that problem in the ioNINJA.TCL file by hand. Then the bot started to give notice.

Starting the eggdrop manually from commandline into the background with "eggdrop.exe" works. But strangly only some anounces work. NEWDIR and DELDIR do not work. Then there was some error that had a problem with "ioFTPD::Window" in one of the TCL procedures (the one that is figuring out the tagline). I just changed the TCL proc by hand to just return an empty string instead of a tagline and the script worked. This would make NEWDIR and DELDIR announces work.

Starting the eggdrop manually from commandline into the background with "eggdrop.exe" works. But strangly only some anounces work. (Or announced would not work at all, I dont remember anymore).

Starting eggdrop from inside of ioftpd (which was started manually) with a batch skript (site startbot) starts the bot into the background but NEWDIR and DELDIR do not get annonuced.

Starting eggdrop from inside of ioftpd (which was started as a service) with a batch skript (site startbot) that starts the bot, but it crashes immediatly.

Working solution so far: Patch the TCL script to return empty tagline. Start ioftpd manually (not as a serivce) and start eggdrop manually with "eggdrop -nt". This works, the NEWDIR gets announced but it is very unsatisfactory.
Good work!

Could you please explain which changes you did inside the TCL? Maybe you could attach your modified TCL?

Thank you! =)
mescal1n is offline   Reply With Quote