View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:41 AM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXimus View Post
Thank you very much for the fast response!

Last question though since this is the first time I use the portable version. When there is an upgrade, how is it done? does it do it automatically? or do I have to download the new portable version
The default setting is to check for updates every 7 days, this can be controlled from the Preferences dialog under the General > LiveUpdate section.

When an update is detected a prompt will appear asking you if you want to download the update, once downloaded click run update and FlashFXP will close, install the update, and restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXimus View Post
also, if I do download the latest portable version when released, how do I copy the settings of my current FlashFXP portable and saved login to my site into the new portable version I have just downloaded?
Its best to let FlashFXP handle the updates directly, if you want to manually check for an update this can be done via the main menu > Help > Check for new version..

You can also backup/restore all of your FlashFXP settings and site profiles via the Backup/Restore configuration feature; this feature can be found via the main menu > Tools > Backup/Restore Configuration.