View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 09:23 AM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

The upgrade installer starts while FlashFXP attempts to close down if the user has an operation in progress that requires confirmation the user is prompted before exiting. It's also possible that the user has multiple instances of FlashFXP running.

During this time the installer unpacks and then performs a check to see there are any copies of FlashFXP still running and if one is found then a dialog is shown prompting the user to close FlashFXP, the installer waits for user to comply, and does a final check before continuing.

If the user clicks no or decides not to perform the update immediately there is no harm in having the installer wait until the user is ready to complete the installation.

Over the years I have experimented with quite a few different ways of running the program update and what I have found is that the current method works best for handling many different situations.

If you have some specific suggestions or ideas of how this can be improved I will take them into consideration.