View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 05:06 AM  
X3

I understood, however intention was to provide a reply/information why this happens and also provided information on how to correct the configuration.

For future reference.
By default FlashFXP is configured (globally) for passive connections as below screenshot. It may be required to add a port range and IP for active mode transfers, depending on Server Configuration.

This may not work as desired with FTP servers which are only accepting connections in active mode (PORT) this is also why I provided info on how to change per-site so as not to affect all other existing sites. Global Settings should be handled with care.

@hggomes

Some clients may indeed handle this automatically and thus it may be transparent to users, so it may help or not to test another client.
Filezilla for by default e.g. allows automatically fallback to other transfer mode on failure, and that in some peoples minds, is immediately a BUG with FlashFXP, when really its not.

Perhaps FlashFXP could handle this in a more transparent manner. but Ill leave that for a feature request if anyone wants to make one.

@iguypouf
Please upgrade to latest build of flashfxp 4.4.0 build 1995 http://www.flashfxp.com/download

If any of the above has no effect, you may want to look at server configuration, Ive read somewhere you need to add some ports to the server config, but I have no experience with IIS. please see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-GB/library/hh831655 steps
Maybe thers some information there which could help double check configurations.

If your sure its not server configuration perhaps more information is required by bigstar. Ill poke him.

It may be helpful to know what your configuration is for this site and any global settings, in that case bigstar may ask for your flashfxp.ini by private msg only or direct email... do not post your flashfxp.ini on forums.

Your flashfxp logs are not time stamped. please make your logs timestamped it will help determine server response times delays etc.

Also server side logs may have other clews why this is failing....

Last edited by X3; 08-15-2013 at 06:21 AM.