View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:07 AM  
BlayzeX

ok sorry.

I understand SSL/etc..

Yes i want it to auto encrypt/decrypt while uploading to the server.

Here is an example.

many people purchase hosting and that computer is located elsewhere. If someone hacks into it they can see all your files/text/etc. I know the logical answer is don't put anything on the net that you don't want out there, but still if it is hacked it can be seen. I know there are programs that can be put on the server to autoencrypt, but many of these program have the weak link of where they store the ecryption keys/passwords. Example Flashfxp's site.dat (used to be a program that gave all information). However, if it was CLIENT based and as it uploaded the data it encrypted it then if a hacker got into your system all he would see is encrypted data/folder names/etc.

So yes, I believe it would be a good option to have. I mean there are other scripts added to do many other tasks, why not more security?

This way if i upload data to a cloud server no one who doesn't have the "key/password/both" could "see"/decrypt the data when downloaded. I believe this would also help when using SSL/TLS when transfering data, because it throws multiple layers of encryption on top of each other.

Thank you in advance.