View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:05 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

The short answer is there really isn't an easy way around the mess right now. Window's MAX_PATH (260 char) limit infects most paths in a LOT of applications including explorer itself! Using the \\?\ syntax, you can get 32K char limits for real paths using the windows API which allows for both long paths and unicode support. ioFTPD doesn't understand that syntax very well though... Long term there's some chance that this will be fixed as I re-wrote a portion of the directory cache code before yanking it and that would have partially addressed this issue. I still don't know about TCL support though.

On the other hand, ioFTPD VFS paths are limited to 512 characters so you can create virtual paths that are longer than real paths. The only reason I mention this is if you are having issues you might consider shortening/flattening your real paths. So if you have something like d:\Site\Games consider renaming that to d:\G instead. In the VFS you can still mount d:\Site as / but then add a d:\G as /Games entry so everything from the user's perspective looks the same but the real path is 10+ chars shorter. It's not a huge help, but every little bit...

Are you doing post-processing on uploads? Like auto-extracting or something which would make the problem worse?
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote