View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:45 AM  
Yil
Too much time...

A quick update. I started playing with C# and WPF a bit around Christmas as I wanted to learn the language. I haven't done a lot with it yet, but I can see why people find it easy to use. Figuring I knew enough I decided to write the C# shared memory library for the scripters out there. Unfortunately I found out that there are a lot of subtle details C# just glosses over if you are only writing pure managed code... I think I've got a handle on things now as the library can make simple shared memory requests to the server, but I've still got to implement all the possible calls and do a lot of cleanup though. I'm also trying to make the API an interface so in the future you could connect to the server over an FTP login and perform the same operations which would allow remote administration. Something similar to how ioGUI offers you the option of how to communicate with the server now.

After the C# shared memory library exposes the current functionality I'll probably go ahead and implement a whole lot more functions and/or an entirely new interface under the covers to help catch it up to functionality that TCL currently has access to. I believe things like path resolving, querying the active mountfile, etc are all things that a script is likely to need to do and I think it's better to have the server do it than each scripter write their own routines to try and mimic the server, parse server config files, etc...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote