View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:37 AM  
Yil
Too much time...

Future version update. I had this REALLY big and far ranging v8.0 code that I started working on back sometime after v7.5.0 came out. As I was working on the new stuff I kept finding serious issues and decided to pull out simple parts of what I was working on along with the bugfix and thus we got v7.6 and v7.7 that weren't planned...

Since v8 just proved to be too massive a change and things appear somewhat stable I think in a little bit I'll release a v7.8 that is essentially already done and contains a few more bug fixes, some simple tweaks, and a few new features. Pretty straightforward.

I'll follow that up with a v7.9 or v8.0 that includes the first phase of the new internal configuration changes and a bunch of new features that depend upon that. Then another one after that with the rest of the stuff from v8 that didn't make it.

The good news is most of this stuff is already written and just needs to be tweaked a bit and merged into the current branch. So development should go relatively quickly if I find time to work on it. And if the new stuff starts to break things the number of changes between versions don't be too large to track down any new problems.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote