View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 12:12 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

Ullman: I think you're confusing the options a bit. Secure_Ip only forces constraints on the SETTING of a user's hostmasks via 'site addip' and 'site [g]adduser'. You can use 'site uinfo <user>' to view the hostmasks for a user and my guess is you'll see something like "user@1.2.3.4". The line you are seeing in the error log indicates that the server did not receive a timely reply to the ident request so the default ident '*' was used (i.e. the *@80.92.#.#), but because an IP-only match was found it's giving you the ident mismatch error to help you understand what is going on. If you have the Show_HostMask_Error option enabled you'll also see this error returned instead of the generic bad password. Hmm, that really should be the default for that option these days...

The most obvious answer is you don't have a responder for ident requests running. Some FTP clients like FlashFXP and IRC clients like mIRC can do this. If you run both on your computer make sure they have the same reply else you'll never be sure which answer you might get.

If you think that's working fine, the next thing to check is to make sure you gave the server enough time to wait for a response. Check Ident_Timeout under [Network] and make sure you didn't set it to 1 or something which might be too fast. I think the default is 5. If you set this to 0 then the server won't issue ident requests at all and the server will completely ignore the ident portion of any hostmasks when validating them.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote