View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 09:33 PM  
hggomes

I tried all kind of combinations with OpenSSL, all versions on both, always the same... It's not a problem with versions of OpenSSL i can assure you. Whatever the version of OpenSSL i use in v3 it always works and doing the same with v4 it always show the same message:

[R] Connecting to x via Proxy -> IP=x PORT=xxxx
[R] SOCKS: Connecting to x.x.x.x:xxxx
[R] Error: Connected to x.x.x.x:xxxx
[R] Connected to x via Proxy
[R] Connection failed (Connection lost)

I know why this happen, if i connect without proxy socks to this site with v3 i will receive this message:

[R] Connecting to x -> IP=x.x.x.x PORT=xxxx
[R] Connected to x
[R] Connection failed (Connection lost)

That's because the server only allows logins connected to the proxy socks, that explains why the same message appears in v4 with the proxy socks. But even more strange if i connect without socks in v4 it shows this:

[R] Unable to resolve host: x.x.x.x

Something is wrong here (v4) i can tell the server is running glFTPD v2.01 (last stable)

Other sites are all working ok, but it always shows the same message when connecting to socks:

[R] Connecting to x via Proxy -> IP=x PORT=xxxx
[R] SOCKS: Connecting to x.x.x.x:xxxx
[R] Error: Connected to x.x.x.x:xxxx

The "strange" thing here is that appears the IP of the socks server on the sites i enter, that means the socks connection was made. But the proof that sock connection is not working at 100% is the error log and that im unable to connect to the site that requires socks connection.

Last edited by hggomes; 07-29-2010 at 10:12 PM.