View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 04:16 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

It just hit me... You're using nxMyDB right pion? I'm beginning to wonder if the MySQL library might be a factor. It must create sockets to talk to the remote database, and if they aren't being marked as non-inheritable it could trigger some sort of problem. Remember I fixed the TCL library and all of ioFTPD to never spawn child processes while inheritable sockets are being created. It's a SERIOUS mis-feature that Microsoft decided that all sockets by default should be inherited. I would have guessed just one connection was created by mysql's library and maintained as long as possible, but it's definitely something to look into.

I think I'll try and write a simple program that will complain if it finds it inherited handles to files/sockets/etc and we can try running that via a new custom command line in the .ini file... I can tell you that I was able to prevent ioFTPD from accepting new connections before I fixed it and TCL and this is starting to look similar. It's just not that common for applications to spawn thousands of child processes like we do...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote