View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 04:33 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

dr.owned: Hmm, I'm not aware on any reason why just having a root mount point would prevent virtual directories from working but that should be easy to test. I can point out that v6 style virtual directories requires a real directory or mountpoint in the location of the virtual mountpoint and v7 requires there to NOT be a real directory in that location. Make sure you don't have a /search or a /latest, etc directory.

Hmm, interesting tidbit on FTP capable web browsers not understanding symbolic links. I was under the impression that they just ignore the link part and everything works fine since I'm pretty sure I've traversed links in FireFox on FTP connections before... You can use AddDir/AddFile with "" specified for the LINK field and the listing will show up without a link (see doc/itcl.txt). However, the server has no idea what the heck that entry is so when accessed it will act like AddSubDir would and call the script to resolve the link at which point you return a ||RESOLVED|| type result. That is obviously more expensive but should act as a workaround right now. I'll have to see about a special LINK syntax like a leading : or something that would keep the linkage internally but not show it...

Full path syntax to virtual files. You just need to return the ||RESOLVED|| result from your script because the request resolved to an item and not a virtual directory listing. That should work.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote