View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 01:18 PM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

Last week wasn't as productive as I had planned. I've been dealing with flu like symptoms and I'm not sure whats going on. Perhaps side effects of the flu shot I got the week before.

Anyways I have some updates for everyone.

I completed the v4.0 key system when upgrading from v3.x you'll have an option to retrieve your key online via our website, its a simple one click process.

I updated the FTP File Search dialog which now sports a search bar that lets you search within your results. Sometimes I'll do a very generic search and the search bar allows you to narrow your results even further, best of all as soon as you clear your search it reverts back to your original search list. (You'll notice in the screen shot that the dat-5332.zip filename text is colored, this is due to my filename highlighting, i have *.zip displayed in a golden yellow color). The background color does change to provide visual feedback to the user that some results are hidden.

I added adaptive TCP/IP buffer sizing which dynamically scales the TCP/IP buffer size based on network conditions, it will try to achieve the best possible speeds. This new feature is enabled by setting the TCP/IP Buffer size to (AUTO). I've also added a couple larger values for users who like to manually select the size.

More performance optimizations.

I rewrote the ANSI parser used for displaying ANSI text in the status window. The new version improves ANSI support for background colors, The original parser failed to handle background colors in ioFTPD.

Updated the SFTP engine to the latest version.

I fixed some compatibility issues with Windows 2000 and Win98 that were introduced by some of the new features.

I've made lots of progress on the new integrated translation editor but its still not 100% functional. I've included a screen shot. The dialog is resized smaller than normal.

All menu entries now automatically generate keyboard shortcut keys. i.e. Sites, Add Current Site. Originally they needed to be done manually but I've come up with a way to automatically insert shortcuts.

I'm sure there's probably more, I always forget things.

As you can see I've completed a lot, but not as much as I've wanted.

The current beta release available on the website has some issues that I discovered and I wanted to mention them here. I will not be removing the beta from download but this is your warning that I have discovered some bugs.

* Auto discover time offset doesn't always work properly.
* In some situations the file transfer rules go screwy and the desired result is not what occurs. (i.e. overwrite instead of resume, or skip instead of overwrite.)
* Preserve file date stops working for file uploads if an upload is aborted.
Attached Thumbnails
[Coming Soon] FlashFXP Feature List & Developer Notes-ftp_search_normal-jpg   [Coming Soon] FlashFXP Feature List & Developer Notes-ftp_search_filtered-png   [Coming Soon] FlashFXP Feature List & Developer Notes-translation_editor-png