View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 10:45 AM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

Default [Coming Soon] FlashFXP Feature List & Developer Notes

The next version of FlashFXP will include the following features.

Enjoy some bonus notes directly from the developer.

June 17th 2009

• SFTP Support.
It was a real challenge to integrate the SFTP protocol into FlashFXP, it was worth all the hard work. I am very pleased that we were able to support SFTP.

• Windows task scheduler integration providing seamless scheduling of transfer queues.
The new task scheduler is simply amazing, This feature is still under development and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

• Improved logging system.
Just last week I completed the new log system, its extremely flexible and much improved over the old system. You can optionally separate transfer sessions into individual log files. I've had many requests for the ability to log just file transfers and now you can do it.

• Improved file transfer rule system.
I know the FlashFXP community has been wanting this for a very long time. There were a lot of reasons I held off on making the change, I admit, I regret them now. The new system blows me away, its extremely flexible. I can schedule a mirroring queue and transfer modified files based on size & date and know that every file that needed to be transferred was transferred and bandwidth was saved by not transferring unchanged files.

• Improved Preference dialog user interface.
This was a task I dreaded but I am glad its finally done. The preference dialog evolved over the past couple years with new options being added here or there or where ever they might fit. Similar options weren't grouped together and trying to find an option was sometimes a nightmare, its bad when the developer forgets where an option is. The number of options provided by FlashFXP is simply unbelievable. The preference dialog contains 100+ settings to personalize your FlashFXP experience. Is it too many, or is it not enough..

• Extended tooltip window
For someone who performs long transfers this new window is the next best thing since sliced bread. Mouse over the FlashFXP tray icon to see a beautiful hint window with all of the transfer information. This is a huge time saver and increases productivity, well unless your me and waste your time admiring it.

• Customizable toolbar buttons and backgrounds
Oh the eye candy is amazing, I can't wait to see some user created artwork. My good friend Filipe Oliveira designed two new button styles and a few backgrounds.

Using Tango buttons and Eclipse background.

FlashFXP Window

June 18th 2009

• Improved Remote Edit, now with automatic uploading
As someone who never did much remote editing until recently I really missed the mark on the original design, it was lacking automation. The new remote edit detects modification and automatically uploads the file, but wait there's more, you can edit multiple files in multiple locations on the server. This is great for when you need to edit files that relate to each other, editing one or the other with complete automation. There's also a new advanced transfer feature on the local browser that lets you "edit & upload", for when your working with a local copy that needs to be uploaded on modification. As you can see from the screen shot below you can turn off the auto upload and manually upload if necessary. Sometimes you'll be working with a file and close your editor, the ReEdit command allows you to reopen the file back in your editor.

Active Edits Window

This thread will be updated as new information becomes available.

Last edited by bigstar; 06-18-2009 at 09:07 AM.