View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 01:44 PM  
Telcontar

SPS & RPS are the correct entries and a value of 1 would be 1 KB.

That's kinda what I thought, except the drop-down menus in the GUI do not match at all. 8 != blank and 17 != 128. I don't even know how 17 got in there -- that's nothing I've done.

this is normal with very asymmetric dsl connections.

This is true, yes. Fetch on Mac OS 9 would clog up my connection too. However, if BulletProof FTP can do it, then there is a solution somewhere. I'm just curious to know the arcane secret, as it would make a lot of people very happy.

Because many people use an ftp client with the express desire of uploading and downloading/browsing at the same time without needing recourse to special settings and/or capping limitations.

Well, yes. Not only does FlashFXP not have a way to limit the current session (that I know of?), generally this issue is a problem with large files. As in, 100 MB or more files where you have to leave them uploading for an hour or two. When you are using the PC, you'd have to drop the speed, and then raise it again when you're away from your PC. Otherwise, your PC might sit there for hours trundling along at pitifully slow speed because you forgot to remove the limit when you walked away from it.