View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 02:03 PM  
maclaeden

Default Potential Problem Causing Incomplete FXPs

I notice that whenever I get incomplete files fxping, and whenever other people in this forum report the problem and post their logs, Flashfxp ALWAYS does the RETR command before the STOR. This seems like a bad method, and could very well be the problem, because the sending ftp server *could* start sending before the receiver is ready, and the beginning data could be lost that way. This would also explain the connections to "error:error" for sending small files or resuming small amounts of data: the sender sends a few kilobytes and closes the connection before the receiver is ready.

I can't test to find out if the command order IS causing incomplete files, but it seems like always doing the STOR before the RETR would be a good idea anyway, since there's no potential for this problem that way.

*BEGIN EDITED*

Actually I did test this out twice last week on different servers. Both times I saw a file was incomplete, I fxped it manually, reversing the order of Flashfxp's commands from RETR->STOR to STOR->RETR, and both times I got a complete file.