View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 AM  
MarkRy

Default Cannot delete files

I am using FlashFXP to move files around an NAS (TS-109Pro) . I was hoping to find a way to copy files between it and the USB hard drive attached to it. Reading other posts this seems impossible - just move.

In the process of testing I moved two files onto the TS109 from a usb flash drive using FlashFXP and moved them about. I then wanted to delete them. I am unable to delete them using FlashFXP, Windows or the FTP manager of the ts109. They look like they are deleted but after refresh they are still there. I have checked attributes but still they will not delete. [it seems that files transferred to my NAS with FlashFXP installed are all Hidden System Archive files - so at least I know why I cant delete them]

I thought that the problem might be a full network recycle bin. I emptied it. The Bin folder then disappeared from FlashFXP but I can still see it in Windows. EDIT: THIS APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN THE PROBLEM. Once I disabled the bin and reenabled it everything deleted fine.

Any ideas / pointers would be really appreciated. Thanks [NOT REQD]

One last thing, if u dont mind. I thought I would move the file to the USB drive attached to the TS109. I could then delete it off there one way or another. Looking at the file transferred, all 1.2gb is all there. But at the end of the transfer, FlashFXP says connection lost each time. As a result the original file is not deleted (as I would expect). I will look more into it but welcome ideas. Ta.

Last edited by MarkRy; 09-18-2007 at 11:12 AM.