View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 08:09 PM  
DJAndre

Default Data Socket Error: Connection timed out

Hi,

I am new to this forum. But been a registered user for FlashFXP since 2003.

I was wondering if anyone could explain or assist me with this issue I got. When I am doing my monthly backups of my websites. I get "timed out" errors and it's really a drag, since this causes my backup to take a long time to complete.

For instance, I am currently uploading my "backup files" from my computer to a new FTP site. As I am just uploading files, it seems to always get stuck with ports: 28001 and 27909. (It may get stuck with others, but since the window on the lower right gets refreshed quite rapidly, I can't catch all of the ports, if any, that are also getting stuck.) When those ports get stuck, it then generates that the "connection timed out". (see a quote below of the error.)

Quote:
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (67,55,47,84,109,97)
[R] Opening data connection IP: 67.55.47.84 PORT: 28001
[R] Data Socket Error: Connection timed out
[R] List Error
I am hoping to learn if there is anything I can do to fix this, so my backup and transfers get uninterrupted with these errors. (Below in my signature is my system info as stated in your "read me rules". Please let me know if you need more info.)

My level of computer literacy and troubleshooting or following instructions is medium to advance. I am quite a fast learner and I am quite capable of following advance instructions. Thanks in advance.

App: FlashFXP 4.4.3 (build 2029) [registered]
Router: Linksys WRT54G build 5
Firewall: COMODO
Anti-Virus: AVAST
Network: Broadband
ISP: cox.net