View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 06:24 AM  
Zer0Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil
[...]

While playing with this I've also become annoyed at symlinks in general. You manipulate them via "site chattr" but this command allows you to not only modify symlinks but the private flag thus making this command unsuitable for non-trusted users which means most people can't really create them. That's bad, but even worse is the fact that deleting them is hard.

[...]

Oh, I think I'm going to add a "site ioversion" command which will print the version of ioFTPD. I'll default it to 1+ users, but just want to make sure nobody knows of a script using it already. I got burned with "site free" once already
While you're at it please see if you can come up with a solution for the permissions on private dirs. Currently you have to site chattr +h "dir" "-user -user =group" or use a flag. The permissions seem to be set as string/text and then read. But what happens if you rename a user? When I check the permissions for a private dir it still shows the old username. Maybe the permissions themselves in the .ioftpd file can somehow be bound to the uid but still show the username when you want to view the permissions?

tuff wrote/modified a version script for ioftpd and it works nicely with io 6.x.
Code:
proc onsiteversion {} {
  set executable "c:/ioFTPD/system/ioFTPD.exe"
  set filesize [file size $executable]
  set infile [open $executable r]
 seek $infile [expr $filesize - 2]
 set offset [scan [read $infile 1] %c]
 seek $infile [expr $filesize - [expr $offset + 3]]
  set version [read $infile]
 regsub -all {[^\w\d\-]} $version {} version
 set version [string map {-  .} $version]
  close $infile;