View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 11:02 AM  
IggyPop

Default Server starts, but cant login.

Im an old ioFTPD user since the days we had to pay for it (no problems with that though ) but i ditched it long time ago because of the lack of development. To be honest i´d given up all hope about ioFTPD. Therefore i was very pleased to see that Yil picked it up and obviously created a new and more functional version with for example the addition of working SSL FXP. Very nice, Yil, you owns!

So now i´ve picked up ioFTPD again and starts from the beginning. To my embarrasment i´ve forgotten all about setting it up and properly configure it, but the instructions are pretty well outlined and i thought i could make it running in a couple of hours. Sorry to say, that was not what happened.

I´m on a Vista Business installation and when starting the server after taking care of the initial configuration like fixing the .vfs and some entries in ioftpd.ini, the server starts just fine but im not able to login. Using FlashFXP the error message is simply: "Connection failed (Connection refused). I´m using the ioFTPD account initially and the login attempt is done locally from 192.168.1.xxx or 127.0.0.1 (tried them both). I´ve changed the default port 5420 to something else, the PASV ports also changed, default.vfs changed to reflect the physical root dir, cert file made, also added a new entry in Hosts.rules to try login from the Internet but no show. The server is actually running as i can see from the Task manager but when doing a netstat -ano from command line the PID (as reported in ioFTPD.log) is not there!!?? No error log whatsoever created, i just cant login.....also ioGUI2 throws error message "Component mswinsck.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registerad: a file is missing or invalid" if trying to start the server from the .lnk file provided in the package. The server itself starts just fine though. Feels like im kinda stumped atm, i must have missed something but i cant figure out what...
IggyPop is offline   Reply With Quote