View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 11:43 AM  
bfranker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Tom
Hey,
I ran across your blog while trying to see if anyone else had figured out my identical problem. I finally got it fixed! After several calls to GoDaddy, I finally got someone who thought to look at the Hosting Details. Click on "Final Details," "Account Established (then on Start)", then on edit. It turns out that when I installed WC it assigned an incorrect IP Address. Support gave me the correct one and it works fine. I suppose you'd have to ask support for them to give you the IP Address as it seems they don't think to look there first.
Hmm... I don't see anywhere that has "Final Details" or "Account Established" or anything like that. But, for the heck of it, I did try "Server IP Address" and got the same results as if I use the "Dedicated Hosting IP". For my other FTP software I use the "Dedicated Hosting IP" address and it works fine. Strange with this software that when I put in either of the above IP address OR even my url it always gets past the username but then fails on the password

I'd like to buy FlashFXP but since I can't get it to connect I guess I'll have to find something else.

Rev Tom, did you get a dedicated IP? If not, that could explain why I don't see the same menu options as you. If you do have a dedicated IP, please let me know where I can find the options you talk about to click on as I've looked all over and don't see anything remotely close to what you are talking about

Thanks!