View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 05:47 PM  
lame newbie

Default server .vs. client with xbox? HELP!

Hello. I find this software very perplexing and I need alot of help.

* FlashFXP v[3.4.0 ].[ ], build [1145 ], [ ]registered, [ *]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ *] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [* ] Yes & Model [DX-E401 ], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [* ] No
* Running Antivirus [ ] Yes, Name [ ] or [* ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [ *] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

additional info if related
* FTP server(s) name [ftp.opera.com or ftp.mozilla.org ], version [ ]
* timestamped, and side prefixed FTP log (please paste)
* any other info

I am unable to transfer files to my xbox. This is my purpose in using this software. I assume I have to find an IP address from a server to accomplish this, though I don't know why or if that's even correct. I keep getting error messages like 550 permission denied or 550 failed to change directory. I've been using anonymous feature as thats what i've been told to do for public servers. I don't know what I'm doing and the help file seems very vague as does this forum as a whole in adressing xbox issues. I know I'm missing some fundamental concepts but the logic of the software and how to properly use it eludes me. What does transfer queue completed mean. I have been able to upload the applicable files to both opera and mozilla but what do I do than? How do I involve my xbox with the software? How do I know I'm sending info to it and that it is recieving it? There is not a single tutorial on how to use the flashxp for that purpose. I really need your help. Thnx in advance.