Thread: ioFTPD IP Setup
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 12:53 PM  
BoJaNgLeS

Default ioFTPD IP Setup

@every1,

Hi there, I am from the Netherlands so I hope I can make myself understand correctly in Englisch For the last 2 days I've been trying to set-up ioFTPD v5.85 Pro and I have NO experience with this program what so ever. I used to work with serv-U (among others) but i've been told that ioFTPD is the program to have, especially because I want to use it in mIRC and I need to keep track of who gets what, when and how, so... Here I am

Until now I think I did oké. I installed the program, I adjusted the default.vfs to my likings, I implemented ioGui2 (and it works), I made groups, users, logins & password combo's with IP etc.etc.

I am behind a router so I opened up port 9999 for ioFTPD in both my router and in the WinXP firewall because that is my operating system. I also set-up a static local ip and I opened up port range 1024 - 2048 (used by ioFTPD...right?) in my router.

Now comes my problem: "People from the outside can't get in"

Where and how do I put what IP's in? I mean, I know I need to put them somewhere in the .ini file but no matter where I put them, I still can't get in using my external IP adres. I do get in (from the inside) with what I think is also an internal IP namely 127.0.0.1 That same IP I found in the Host.Rules in ETC. Do I need to change something there? I can also NOT get in with my 'normal' static internal IP 192.168.1.102 Shouldn't it be possible for me to get in ioFTPD with a program like ioGui2 or FlashFXP using my external IP adres?

I really don't know anymore. I am looking through the logfiles but so far I didn't find anything that could help me.

I there anyone that can help me, or put me in the right direction. I was so proud of myself to get this far as a complete FTP dummie and I don't want it to end here.

I attached my .ini file maybe that can help you in helping me to solve my problem.

Please, help me
Attached Files
File Type: txt BoJaNgLeS.ioFTPD.ini.txt (9.1 KB, 2 views)
BoJaNgLeS is offline   Reply With Quote