View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 03:41 AM  
john1000

Default Delay when i go into a folder on the server

Hello,

I have a weird problem and im trying to find out where this comes from.
For a few days now the ftp is not behaving the same as it always does.
Im on broadband cable so have a good connection.
And usualy when i connect my server to work a litle it connects and goes in within a seconde.

But since a few days its different.
But 2 days ago i also reinstalled my whole computer,but everything is the same so its not related to the install.

I even tried it all without my router and all is the same..

So what happens...,simple...when i connect to my server i usualy go in fast as it should but when i go inside another folder again it takes long to show its content,like the directory listing.
i just counted in seconds and it was 27 seconds to show an almost empty folder and 2 litle php files...
So my connection structure would be like :

public_html/folder/contents

Ive tried passive on and off and theres no difference.
And a lot of times when i wanna edit a file i right click edit from the server and it should download the file as a temporary file but it starts ok but drops the same time to like 0,2...then nothing happens for 5 or 10 seconds and then my file finaly opens in frontpage..

And weirdest thing is,i have a feeling that this only happens when im just connected..
Cause i was just trying it all again while typing and going into the folders fast etc....isnt a problem..
Anyone have an idea what is causing this.?
And can anyone recommend a test i can do to check my host if theres something wrong there he isnt telling me?