View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 12:38 AM  
helenoksen

Unhappy Need help with [Sections] in ioFTPD.ini

Hi, i have a big problem, i havent been able to figure out how this thing works yet

From the documentation:

In ioFTPD 4.9.0+ you can also seperate credits and stats. This might be useful if you want your users to get credits as usual when they for example send files into your request dir, but at the same time stats will not be counted in that section (requests).

HTML Code:
[Sections]
## Maximum of 10 different credit sections ##
#
# <alias> = <credit section #> <path>
# <alias> = <credit section #> <stats section #> <path>
#
Requests = 0 1 /Requests/*
Default = 0 *
I have read the syntax and looked at some samples a million times but I still dont get it

What i want to achieve is exactly what the text/documentation says, 'send files into your request dir, but at the same time stats will not be counted in that section'...

I know how the first part works, site change <user> ratio 0 1, the 0 being leech and the 1 being the section. i.e.

HTML Code:
Games = 1 /Games/*
Default = 0 *
This would set leech for <user> in section 1(Games). So i know that much...... now to the stats part and the second syntax, <alias> = <credit section #> <stats section #> <path>
This is the part where im stuck at.

example (same as before but we add a request and speed section):

HTML Code:
Speed = 0 2 /Speed/*
Request = 0 1 /Request/*
Games = 1 /Games/*
Default = 0 *
So this would mean that stats will not be counted in Speeds and Request????? And do I have to give some site command to enabled this like I did with site change <user> ratio 0 1????

I think its been a couple of years now since my first io installation and i still havent been able to figure out this part lol Please help a brother in need pz!
helenoksen is offline   Reply With Quote