View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 02:56 PM  
Harm
Too much time...

1) SITE UPDATE only checks the directories mentionned in $sort(update,general). Also I see that you don't run ioAUTONUKE... a few of its settings are used for the symlinks updater though: $anuke(user) and $anuke(mtab). They should point to a real user and a real vfs file.

2) SITE UPDATELOG won't work if the directory specified for $dupe(dupelogs) doesn't exist. The dupe engine won't either in such case.
Another thing.. the parameter of this command is the path to the old dupe.log file (not the new directory).

3) !request whatever needs to know your uid and gid. This is done using the $ioBinfo(ids,handle). For example, set ioBinfo(ids,Harm) "0 0" tells the bot that the user with the handle Harm has the uid 0 and gid 0 on the server.
The handle is the name the bot uses internally to designate you. The bot has to know who you are (a handle corresponds to one or more irc hostmasks) and you also have to be a trusted user.
Regarding !requests, my guess is that the sitebot can't use the SITE REQUEST command.

4) That's interesting. How long ago was the directory created ? SITE APPROVE uses ioFTPD.log to find the real path of the directory.

5) That's indeed a mistake in the help message of the bot. !latests doesn't take any parameter atm.

6) SITE STATS is an internal ioFTPD command. It has never been able to display the stats for several sections at a time.
SITE BSTATS but its output isn't user-friendly. It's not very hard to change that so if it's not going to be changed in ioFTPD 1.0, it'll be in the next release of ioBanana (waiting for confirmation from the devs though).

7) It might be the same problem as with !requests.. The bot needs the flag 1 to be able to do its job correctly.

8) Yeah, I know I'm late for this and I apologize. I'm working in the UK at the moment and I don't have much time to fully document it.

Hope it helps a bit.
Harm is offline   Reply With Quote