View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 02:34 PM  
_panic_

Default i'm coming to work for inicom full time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _panic_
if everything works out, i'll have some very good news soon!
last monday, january 23rd 2006, i gave two weeks notice at my current job. i will be joining inicom full time starting february 6th. this move has been in planning for a long time, but i have really not been able to talk about it much until the move was official.

both inicom and i have wanted this process to be faster. we both had timelines and issues we didn't have much control over, and this caused the process to stretch out into february this year. in fact, i was able to leave my job over a month sooner than we originally planned for, and inicom has been able to accomodate the accelerated schedule.

i'm going to be busy most of this week finishing up at my current job (my last day is february 3rd) and making the transition to working at inicom. i expect my first week at inicom to be filled with administration, office set up, and other non-development work.

after that point i'll be talking about what we're going to do going forward, including the already published feature list; timelines, and a return to weekly status updates.

particularly i'll have a much more regular schedule, and with it more time to work on ioftpd. i'm ecstatic that i'm finally about to make this transition. there have been so many things to get done that it feels like a major milestone to me.

working at inicom is going to be a new challenge with a new set of demands. a lot in my life is going to be changing around my new job, and i've got to work through these changes before i can fully ramp into development. please give me the next two weeks to get these things done. i'll be really glad to have them finished so i can much better focus on ioftpd.

talk to you soon!