View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 01:14 PM  
Jae

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayCuts
You say "I use flashfxp for file transfer with my friends." and you also say "my connection can handle 650kbp down/ 75kbp up."

So i have to ask the abvious questions first:

What kind of connection does the friend running this server have, can your friends connection even send faster than 75kbp?
Have you spoken to the ftp server owner, maybe your account on the server is limited to 50k?, if not do other people get the same low speeds from that server?
Have you tried other sites to see if this is a site specific problem or something bigger?
Might seem silly, but doesn't hurt to ask. Do you have your transfer speed limited in flashfxp prefernces, or limited by an external bandwidth monitoring/controlling program?
Do you get the same speeds with other ftp clients other than flashfxp?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae
. the ftp im downloading from is 100mbit down/100mbit up.
the router has no QoS software on it, i didnt put on any speedlimits or restrictions,
my login account doenst have restrictions either, if another friend accesses the same ftp with my account he has 300 to 400 kbp download.
I said that before. please read instead of just rushing your eyes over it.

I've tried other servers and the speed is fine just with their servers running on linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
First and foremost to get the best possible speeds you need to upgrade to the latest version of FlashFXP v3.2.. I totally overlooked the fact that you were using v3.0.. Lots of performance tweaks have been done since v3.0.. Also if you continue to use FlashFXP past 30 days you are required to purchase it, The 30 second delay after 30 days is only good for a short period.
Tried it same result