View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 03:45 AM  
godlike

Default eggdrop TCL script, and one problem with eggdrop

First i have one question. I use eggdrop 1.6.17, and i use it with a global sitebot, which connects to all sites and sends commands and gathers responses. For example: it sends 'site allup' and gathers response in a file for further processing. But the problem is when site is "busy". Bot tries to connect to that site for about 4-5 min, before he moves on to the next one. But i would like to make bot try to connect for 20s if no respons then he would give up and try next in list.

I use TCL code like this in my script, for connecting to ftp-s:

foreach site [ split $ftp(site) ] {
set num [split $site '|']
catch { [lindex $num 0]::Open [lindex $num 1] [lindex $num 3] [lindex $num 4] -port [lindex $num 2] } ftp
}

in rough this is it, i use tcl FTP library package.

So, i would like, that bot tries to get on site for 20seconds, if the ftp does not respond in that time, it just goes to another one in list. So i awoid waiting for response for too long, and so avoid ping timeout on the irc server.

I hope you know what i am trying to do. Maybe some code altering in the FTP library package to decrease that time, or something to be done in my code, dunno

That`s first part.

Now the second question:
1. on Windrop it does not make this error in 6 months use.
2. on eggdrop i constantly get this error (2x per day on random site).
error writing "sock11": broken pipe
.... or some other sock-number. Disabled my firewall, tried some other version of eggdrop .... Using Windrop is not an option anymore ....

The problem does not dissappear until i do .restart on the bot`s partyline. .rehash does not do the job

I hope somebody has the time to read this any give me some heads up, im kind off desperate by now

thanx, and have a great time.
godlike is offline   Reply With Quote