Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 13 Category: N/A
Title: option to choose KB/s only Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: N/A

AAAlex
03-19-2007, 07:19 AM
option to choose KB/s only

Hello

would be nice to have an option to display the transfer speed in KB/s only, instead of switching to MB/s when speed reaches 1024KB/s.
loopex
03-30-2007, 04:35 AM
Re: option to choose KB/s only

agree, would be nice to have this as option, so it Not automaticly switching to MB/s
when speed reaches 1024KB/s. me prefer KB/s bcoz its so accurate than MB/s, even when speed goes over >10MB/s.

some time ago bigstar said in another thread that he ovelooked this *new* change.
he even said in this thread that he would look at it again? right bigstar?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-11-2007, 04:02 AM

Way back when.. it seems like forever now... many of the speed and sizing values were changed to auto format based on their value. Initially I didn't intend to reformat the transfer speed since many people were used to seeing it as KB/s only as for some reason this seems to be the defacto standard for many ftp client, however many people contacted me and praised the changes. And so the behavior remained unchanged.

Making this an option has been on my to-do list for quite some time now however as more and more things stacked onto my to-do list I simply ran out of time and this feature was put aside.

If there's really enough demand to bring KB/s back I'll move it up on my to-do list for the next release (not 3.6 since language translations have already been finalized but the next one)
Perplexer
11-17-2007, 03:55 PM

Absolutely agree ! If it says "Kilobytes per second (KB/s)" then it should be KB/s and not MB/s. KB/s is preferred at speeds over 1000 KB/s as it shows that delicate precision. Actually I reverted from 3.4 trial back to v3.2 as for me, this "bug" takes more away from FlashFXP than what all the new features have brought in since that version.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-06-2007, 07:46 PM

To ease the pain caused by changing the behavior we've decided to introduce a new "Auto" option which will now replace the current behavior of the "KB/s" setting and now the "KB/s" option will display KB/s only.