Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 675 Category: General / Unknown
Title: specify which private key to use for a sftp connection via command line Status: Pending (Under Review)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

X-Com
03-12-2012, 05:40 AM
specify which private key to use for a sftp connection via command line

Hello,

I'd like to have the option to specify (by Common Name) which private key to use for a connection that i start via the command line. I couldn't find a command line switch for it.

Kind regards,

K. Peeters
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Re: specify which private key to use for a sftp connection via command line

Do you intend to connect to a pre-existing site that already exists within your site manager or a site using the sftp://userass@hostort/path format?

Typically people connect via the command line using the site manager profile, which already has the private key defined, which makes it unnecessary to define it via the command line.

Can please explain what you're trying to accomplish so I can fully understand and determine the best way to implement such a feature.
X-Com
03-19-2012, 02:47 AM

Thx for the quick response. I've been away for a few days so wasn't able to response any sooner.

I try to connect via the sftp://userass@hostort/path format.

The connection details are not stored flashfxp but in an other application and from there i start flashfxp.

Now i execute
FlashFXP.exe -remotepath="/htdocs" sftp://userass@host:22/htdocs

But i would like to remove the pass and add the Common Name of the private key added in the Certificate Manager. Or just use the path to the private key (DSA with pass phrase).

If you should decide to implement the later of the 2, then flashfxp should ask for the pass phrase everytime you connect to the host. For security this would be better i think because you don't need to save your pass phrase in flashfxp.
X-Com
07-09-2012, 06:23 AM

Hi,

Just wondering, is there any news or decision made about this feature request?