Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 613 Category: Functionality
Title: Protect Passwords Status: Open
Severity: Critical Version: 4.x

MrVon
11-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Protect Passwords

You know how in firefox you can save passwords for websites in password manager, and if you want you can define master password that you type each time you restart program to unlock password manager.
Need to have same thing for FlashFXP.
Off Topic: I work in the office and my computer protected by password, but yet its super easy to remove windows password without user knowing e.g. each computer has admin account and user account attacker can just reset admn account password and user probably wont notice for long time until he try to login to admin account. Just an example.

So i don't trust windows protection, so i have to use 3rd party password manager for my passwords every time i want to connect to FTP i type it in quick connect and then delete quick connect file. Its a lot of work... But i cannot allow someone to connect to live site and delete it or install virus. And i cannot control 24/7 who is near my office computer.

I am thinking when user clicks Connect button it ask for master password and also when he click Ctrl+F4 it asks for password, and option to enable password and disable should not be too difficult to implement

Another thing there is bunch of password recovery tools to see passwords currently stored in flash fxp so it need to use some kind of encryption.'
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
11-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Re: Protect Passwords

This already exists, its called application password protection, and it prompts for the password on startup, the password is used to decrypt the data files.

Sites > Security > Set Password

This password is not stored anywhere and if you lose it, well there is no way to recover your data.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket