Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 641 Category: Functionality
Title: Multiple connections *per file* Status: Open
Severity: Major Version: 4.x

ed1
01-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Multiple connections *per file*

I know that multiple download threads has been mentioned more than once, and that it *might* be included in a major overhaul of the code in 4.x

Other than FlashFXP I have only used the built-in ftp client for windows/linux and wget. That's it. Never had a reason because FlashFXP *blows* away the competition in almost every respect.

Until now....

I really need multiple threads on a per file basis, not just multiple threads to download different files.

CuteFTP does this, up to 8 parts, on a per file basis. It also downloads (up to 8 parts each) a staggering 35 files at a time. I had to pirate CuteFTP to fully evaluate it, since those functions only turn on in a fully licensed pro version, at $50.

FileZilla will do 10 files at a time, but not multi-part.

Both of those programs are a mere shadow of FlashFXP in terms of not just stability (they are not stable by any stretch of the imagination), memory usage, but of functionality

No advanced queuing, and CuteFTP does not even support resume or any kind of rule set whatsoever.

In short, they suck.

I have never even had a reason to request anything here either because it just keeps getting better and better.

Please consider this. I would easily, and happily, pay $50 for a different version of FlashFXP just for this.

Currently, a company I work with pays thousands of dollars per month to access *huge* XML files. I am downloading them from a 50Mb/s symmetric connection. They recently throttled each connection down to less than 75KB/s. It's beyond ridiculous that they would do this, and it has been progressive, since I need to continue allowing more and more time to download this file.

There is not any Windows based software out there on the planet that can hold a candle to FlashFXP (I have looked very hard over the past 5 days), and it would be awesome if you could add those two features to your software.

It would make a huge difference and you literally have the monopoly on FTP software. CuteFTP is just painful to look at and use, has crashed 3 times while writing this post, and I cringe to think I would need to pay them $50 just to get files from one location at an acceptable speed. (Which while CuteFTP is working it is getting an aggregate 1.2MB/s which is over a 10x increase than FlashFXP).
italodance
10-04-2012, 04:52 AM
Re: Multiple connections *per file*

yeah i really bad need this please someone add this function to flashfxp soon
Voodoo
03-08-2013, 07:32 AM

Please ad this. The previous poster explained it very eloquently.
flossiecom
03-21-2013, 01:13 PM

Please add this feature request to the program, As it would be better and you would get more buy your product as it`s far superior to anything out their at present and is the most stable out of the lot.
Danes
11-25-2013, 10:07 AM

Any news on this.???