Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 347 Category: Functionality
Title: Flashfxp edit window Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

JGOe2s
06-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Flashfxp edit window

Hi,

The edit files feature has changed since version 4.0. With a popup window showing the active edits.

I liked the old way more. Simple but efficient.
If you could provide a feature to use the old "simple" method, that would be great.

Also for that active edits window, it should really be dock-able. It's annoying to have a window above the rest the whole time. I constantly close it accidentally because it's in my way. In that case I would more likely use it and potentially like it.
JGOe2s
08-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Re: Flashfxp edit window

Hi,

This is posted for a while.

I would really like an option for the old behavior. Since the beta version with the new behavior I really dislike editing a file on a server with flashfxp. Please help me urgently so I keep loving this product
JGOe2s
12-23-2010, 03:35 PM

Hi,

Just talked with some other guy, he also misses the old edit window style.
Could you not add an option for the legacy method ? I really loved it

This is a reason for me to not upgrade to version 4, which has some nice improvements as well though. I would be very happy if you could look into it. Thx !
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-24-2010, 05:18 PM

Options > File Associations

Each defined association allows you to set how the save should be handled.

Take a look at "Perform the following action on save"

(nothing)
Upload
Prompt

When you set it to prompt it will display a prompt each time you save the file, which is even better than v3.6 because in v3.6 you only had one chance to upload the edit, now it will prompt on each save.

To make it quick and simple you can add * as the file mask so that they apply to all file types to a single association.
JGOe2s
12-25-2010, 05:22 AM

What I especially also dont like is the multiple file edit. I just want to edit one file. Verify if it's ok and then upload. Now say for example I open 5 files. I edit 2. I do save, it uploads again. I come back 60 min later, start messing around in some open files, accidently hit save and it wants to upload again. Luckely I still can enable the prompt then.
I just wonder if it's so hard to introduce the legacy method again which could be enabled by a checkbox. I only want to work at 1 file at the time. That would be perfect for me, I've been using this for long long time now like that and this is the way I really like it now :|
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-26-2010, 03:03 AM

The old method was incorporated into the new design by means of the prompt action.

If this solution isn't enough then by all means we will need to make some changes to how it works, but by simply re-adding the old style and allowing the user to switch between them is not an ideal solution.

What if the default action could be changed globally for all file types not already defined by the File Associations dialog, so instead of auto saving it could default to prompt?

Would this be a solution to the problem as you see it?
JGOe2s
12-27-2010, 04:20 AM

Not 100%, I want to be blocked after chosing a file for editing as before.
This sounds like a limitation, but it's one I like in this case. I usually have dozens of flashfxp open and I dont want to go working inside a flashfxp instance where I'm editing a file already.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-28-2010, 01:11 AM

At the moment there's no easy solution to do that, I will need to do some research to determine if this is even possible with the new code.

Its not practical to have both remote edit methods based on a global setting, introducing the old legacy code side by side with the new would make it very difficult to support the feature.
JGOe2s
01-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Hi,

I saw the new legacy prompt. It works superb!
You cannot believe how happy I am to be in the stone age again!! Thanks a lot