Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 1004 Category: Functionality
Title: Existing file rules for command line mode Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 5.x

BeLzEbUb
01-11-2015, 09:36 AM
Existing file rules for command line mode

Hello. I wish that FlashFXP supported file handling rules overriding for -upload -download and -get commands especially when -exit is used. Simple stating additional switch -overwrite -resume -skip would be sufficient IMO. Thank you
DayCuts
01-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Re: Existing file rules for command line mode

If you are using stored sites or specifying the server details in the command? Flashfxp should (if it doesn't already?) apply the FTRs as normal in both circumstances (global if non-saved site etc). But an ovverride might be useful if that is not enough?

-ftroverride="[overwrite|resume|skip]"
BeLzEbUb
01-20-2015, 05:00 AM

The profile has it's rule, in unattended transfer need to be ovrriden.

-ftroverride switch is fine but not accepted
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-22-2015, 10:22 PM

For the most flexibility perhaps have two site profiles one for command line automation and another for regular access.

While -overwrite -resume -skip may be sufficient for your needs the file transfer rule system is far more advanced (complex) and I'm not sure if its a good idea to implement a override that would basically side-step the existing transfer rule system.

We used to allow the use of the -taskrules=<array of values> switch (an undocumented switch) which was added for use by the task scheduling system (which allows every file transfer rule to be defined) but now it appears that this switch is only used with scheduled tasks and cant be used with any other regular command line, though I am not entirely sure why this change was made. I will look into this code to see if it can be used for other types of command lines.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-25-2015, 05:17 PM

In v5.0.0 build 3805 I have added support for -overwrite -ask -resume -skip via the command line, more information can be found in the help file.