Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 919 Category: Functionality
Title: Feature Request: Systray Icon Progress and Sound Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

mrphuzz
12-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Feature Request: Systray Icon Progress and Sound

Hello,

When I'm uploading files to update my website, I like how with Windows 7, the taskbar icon shows the progress bar. However, I prefer not to take up space on the taskbar, and I'd prefer to keep just a system tray icon. What the tray icon doesn't have, though, is an upload progress indicator like the taskbar button does. It would be awesome if that could be done... kinda like when using WinRAR to extract an archive and you press the background button... it goes to the tray, and the back icon fills up with yellow to indicate progress.

Also, an option for FlashFXP to sound a "ding" or other user-defined sound when an upload completes would be great.

Thanks,
Michael
Super Duper
MxxCon
12-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Re: Feature Request: Systray Icon Progress and Sound

FlashFXP has sound support for about 15 years now.
12-07-2013, 06:25 AM
Re: Feature Request: Systray Icon Progress and Sound

You can either mouse over the tray icon you get a small window dubbed "minimi" or to get that "minimi" view on screen permanently (while ffxp is running) double click on the ffxp status bar. This shows progress bars for current tranfer and files (2 transfer bars in total with relevant text"

"minimi" view

Sounds can be set in Preferences F6 General > sound events > [x] enable sound events > and select sounds for each event.

No sounds are shipped by default with ffxp probably (it uses windows sounds) to get installer size to minimum. But you can download and or use your own from many places like, http://www.acoustica.com/sounds.htm or use windows sound events in

Code:
C:\Windows\Media
And choose all sounds till your heart is content.

So both your requests have already been implemented a long time ago.

Current V5 beta test builds also implement a new program icon including new state tray icons for disconnected/idle connected/transferring etc. which are much clearer then existing v4 tray icons.