Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 415 Category: User Interface
Title: Add column "type" Status: Pending (Under Review)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

Whissi
12-06-2010, 05:03 AM
Add column "type"

Hi,

it would be nice to have a column "type" in the UI, like FileZilla for example has.
Super Duper
MxxCon
12-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Re: Add column "type"

do you want to just "see" that column or "sort" by it? if sort, then flashfxp can already do that.
12-06-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
do you want to just "see" that column or "sort" by it? if sort, then flashfxp can already do that.
Please could you tell me, how I can sort after "type" in FlashFXP? So I can check, if it is what I am looking for.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM

Right click on the file list select Sort By > File Extension

On the remote view its called File Extension because it uses the file extension to sort, rather than the file type description.
Whissi
07-14-2011, 09:56 AM

Not exactly what I am looking for, but in the end I can do nearly the same with just sorting after extensions.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-15-2011, 10:18 AM

Can you please elaborate on how having a type column would work differently?

This feature can be added to future releases, currently we see it as a low priority because this functionality is already available via the right-click menu.
Whissi
07-15-2011, 10:31 AM

Well, I think of two things:
  • With columns I could sort up-/downwards.
  • The view should be comparable to explorer view, and in explorer you have such a column.

Another thing would be that in theory, you can define one file type with multiple possible extensions. A real file type column, would group these different extensions together, because of there definition. So a real file type support would be nice for someone, who keep an eye on the defined file types of his/her system. For the average user, file type will be just equal to extension...

P.s.: I agree with you. Because you can actual sort, this has a very low priority.