09-13-2011, 12:09 PM
ioFTPD Beta Tester
Join Date: Oct 2001
FlashFXP 4.1 released
OpenSight Software LLC would like to announce the immediate availability of FlashFXP 4.1 stable. This release improves performance, functionality, and compatibility.
Changes and improvements in FlashFXP v4.1
- Major performance improvements throughout by reducing unnecessary overhead through code refactoring and performance profiling.
- Added native support for 32-bit alpha masks in the tool-bar buttons. With a fall back to the old blend mode when 32-bit is unavailable.
- We now use the Tango button style as default in FlashFXP, the original classic style is still available for customers.
- Improved compatibility with older versions of Windows. Specifically UI related glitches when themes were unavailable or disabled.
- Improved error messages for SFTP, FTP, FTP-SSL, Socks4/5, HTTP Proxy, etc.
- Improved use of windows TaskDialog with a automatic fall back on failures.
- Improved WINE compatibility, This is the first release of FlashFXP that is 100% compatible with WINE.
- Improved FTP and SFTP protocol error handling, with additional fail safes to handle unexpected server responses.
- Improved SFTP transfer speeds. Uploads and downloads are much faster.
- Improved input controls and added control + Backspace support.
- Improved tool-bars buttons by enabling or disabling them based on the current state.
- Improved remote SFTP and FTP directory refreshing, the item selection is preserved in-between refreshes.
- Improved the performance speed of the local file browser.
- Improved selective transfer rules.
- Improved performance speed of MODE Z file transfers (FTP protocol).
- Improved file handling when uploading or downloading to a slow device or network share.
- Added En-queue Delete/Rename support to the local browser right-click menu.
- Added 'Schedule At' under Queue on the main menu, previously this was only available via the queue window right-click menu.
- Added status message when the loaded translation is incomplete and a link to the translation editor.
- Added Remote edit history, when editing remote files the details for each edit is stored and then restored on connect, the temporary file is not kept locally, the file is re-downloaded for any edit.
- Added the ability to set the character encoding for SFTP site profiles.
- Added the ability to import sites from FileZilla.
- Added Ctrl + W shortcut to toggle synchronized browsing on/off.
- Added support for connecting to domain names that resolve to multiple IP addresses, The first IP is tried, on connection failure the next is tried and so on.
- Added the ability to en-queue move operations.
- Added the ability to define optional file masks and exclude sub-folders within en-queued delete folder operations.
- Added $lowercase, $uppercase, $lowercase() $uplowcase() macros to custom commands.
- Updated to OpenSSL 1.0.0e
OpenSight Software, LLC