Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Website Comments, Suggestions, Questions, Concerns, Fan mail, Hate mail, Whatever goes.

View Poll Results: test question
its one 1 50.00%
its two 0 0%
its three 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Exclamation New forums buttons/images/icons

As everyone as probably noticed the last couple of days brought a new lot of forum images buttons icons etc.

Even the editor didn't escape the onslaught.

There are a couple of things you can do to help us in this transition.

1. Clear your browser cache so that new images are reloaded.
  2. Wait 24 hours for any server side cache to rotate.
  3. Report any unruly behaviour if you notice any images not loading or unexpected.

Notes:
I'm debating on improving couple of smilies (exclam, question, idea) Edit Done
Other images will be updated as and when they are completed about 97% are already done and 96.9% have updated been already updated and are in use.

Feel free to post any of such reports right here on this thread.

As usual feedback is welcome or suggestions.

Last edited by X3; 05-23-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Cool

Issues

• Currently there are some minor issues with the pin/tag images, fixes are impending.
  • Thread tools/Add poll to this thread image is still old image.
  • When searching for user posts the new and old post image is still old (has been updated anywhere else so far as I can see.
  • Manage attachments button brings up list> http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif is still old image new one exists already but was missed on upload.
  • vbseo images still no show.
  • http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/profil...ditattachments show old images

Last edited by X3; 05-24-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

cyclops is not a good image for :rolleyes:. It doesn't make sense.
Also new icons overwrote "Phoenity Smilies" style..
Old 05-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

The phoenity icons overwrite is by design, the main idea is that the full set should match style/color and size, I'll see about cyclops/rolleyes thing, thanks for pointing it out.

Edit

Ive fixed a few smilies, one of which is rolleyes -> cyclops, fix as mxxcon pointed out.
The others is question/idea/exclam also been updated, Ive also updated one of the eek ones.

Updated pm_* images 4 in total, post_* 2 images in total, redone all of the attachments images some 22 images and among others were on the tweak train. These things happen when you see it at work.

These changes are impeding stay tuned!

Last edited by X3; 05-22-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

@mxxcon

Your initial feedback was addressed and is now in use.

Please do not hesitate to provide any feedback on any more oddities or anything that doesn't make sense, so it can be addressed...

Its gone rather well so far dont you think?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The forums look amazing.

As of right now everything should be updated except that.... Some image changes are going to require changes to the actual php code to work, as the code checks to see if the file exists before including it in the output.

I dis-like directly editing the php code directly because any updates/fixes/etc will undo these changes and then they'll need to be re-applied. Its a nightmare to maintain and manage.

Any additional fixes to missing images most likely means it requires php code editing.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Exclamation Remaining oddities and thank you.

Yes its looking fantastic glad you like it, and thank you for your assistance updating them and fixing the issues thus far. Pretty

Of the issues reported I can confirm the ones fixed have been crossed off which leaves after cache clear and recaching a few grunts left.
  • Thread tools/Add poll to this thread image is still old original image, all other images on that menu have been updated. SO that shouldn't require any php unless the others did.
That image is one of the /misc dir if Im not mistaken
  • When searching for user posts the new and old post image is still original (has been updated everywhere else so far as I can see.
See for e.g. http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/search...earchid=788190, odd! If it required php altering idk as all else seem have updated on that. Its showing http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/images...n/post_old.gif http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/images...n/post_new.gif and should be http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/images...n/post_old.png and http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/images...n/post_new.png.
  • vbseo images still no show >
Only 3 images like for like shouldnt require any config file altering, just overwriting images, have you updated these?

• http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/profil...ditattachments show old images for jpg thumbs -- /attach dir (which have been updated everywhere on forums) However one of which was updated and shows up (pre-yesterdays final images) image for png thumb, the jpg are still the old original gif though makes sense?
  • Last is the user profile /about me tab, the edit filed
old image http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/images...userfield_edit . gif
new one http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/images...userfield_edit . png

Note had to remove the links and even text form had to put spaces in because for some odd reason cannot post links to userfield_edit .gif as they are automatically updated to userfield_edit.png

Ended up redoing the image as gif, since not a lot of detail is lost with that particular image.
If any of those require php fiddling or did idk you know all that is to me.

If theres any images that dont make sense let me know or anything else missed so far.

Edit I noticed another oddity, clicking on smilies cool w/sung-lasses and on cool w/moyican show both different images, when clicking preview and submitting post the sunglasses one is lost - hehe same goes for all other smilies with different image same BB code, must be a side effect of how the images werew updated in code because the original images didnt have that issue the only difference is the png vs gif.

Last edited by X3; 06-28-2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: crossing off more resolved blurbs
Old 05-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I haven't done any changes that require direct file edits such as php,css,js and I suspect based on information I read about changing the file types this is most likely needed for some of them.

I haven't updated the vbseo images yet because touching any of the files included with vbseo throws a ton of warnings about it being tampered/modified. It seems to expect the exact files included with it.

I fixed the poll and user edit images, those were missing the replacement variables.

I think that some of the images are most likely still cached, either by the web browser or by vbulletin's internal caching system.

I have noticed that some of the images such as the attachment icons finally updating today even though I updated them several days ago.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It looks like some of the generic and phoenity smiles share the same macro codes such as : cool : and even : ( and : )

i.e.

because of this only one can actually be used and I believe phoenity takes priority.

Last edited by bigstar; 05-23-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #10
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

thread tools/addpoll image is finally updated now so that as been struck off. So at least that one is 1 less.

All else no change, /me shrugs who knows.

vbseo could be looking at a specific md5/hash thers no other way to know if the image bits have chnaged otherwise. idk originally I thought those images were part of regular folders until I looked at path/image source.

smilies wise idk but if thats the case its silly iirc didnt behave like that before because both cool icons were as different as day/night one was blue one and was tiny, on the other hand (phoenity) yellow and bigger and only image/extension has changed. I really dont know. if the phoenity was taking precedence the confused one would be the later not the former so only some cases is using phoenity instead.

Code wise I shrug all I knowis too much sand for my truck.

Added a test poll to this thread to test new poll images, atm Ill give it the obligatory 24 hours and local browser cache cleaning before commenting so far nothing has changed from my end.

Last edited by X3; 05-23-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

@bigstar, I thought that the images and whatever else related that needed changing could and only be modified in a theme with the invision boards right? So only all the theme files need juicing and walla, all else would be fineness something or otherwise changing the way themes handle things,

If that makes any sense! :!
Old 05-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #12
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Actually after further inspection, it actually some templates, no php/css/js changes needed, I have sent you a msg via im, Ive identified all the elements still impeding except for the smilies which I dindt look at.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Ive updated the fixed issues posts (by crossing them out) and added a new found issue as note.

Last edited by X3; 05-24-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

With exception to vbseo and some of the post icons, all else seems to be completed so far updated issues as applicable.

Some images are only visible if you have admin/moderator privileges so if theres some issues I would need to see screenshots.

If anyone notices anything abnormal pls make it known.

Tags
couple, forum, images, update, updated

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: