Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 173 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Temp filename bug Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 3.5.3 (3.6 RC 3)

projectshifter
05-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Temp filename bug

I've had this problem on multiple versions now, it's happened to me twice in the last week although I hadn't encountered it too much in the past 3 or 4 years I've been using FlashFXP. The issue I had is that I had 2 FTPs open for different sites, but using the same system. I opened a file called view.php on both servers. What I believe happened is that it overwrite the temporary file because it doesn't append any random text or such to the end, and when I saved and uploaded both files, I found that it actually overwrite site A's copy with site B's. The files were far from identical and each time I've spent about an hour trying to recover from the data loss, and since it was still new code we were playing with, didn't have a whole lot of backups. I would really appreciate if this could get updated, I know it probably affects few people and only on random occasions, but it has turned out to be quite a problem for me now. Thanks
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-16-2008, 04:34 AM
Re: Temp filename bug

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue.

This is not something we had previously considered and is something that we want to address in the next release.

My first thought is to create a random sub-folder in your temp folder for each instance of FlashFXP when editing files. How does this sound to you?
DayCuts
05-27-2008, 12:10 AM

Should be a perfectly acceptable solution.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-27-2008, 03:23 AM

This will be incorporated into the next release of FlashFXP.